Monday, March 14, 2011

Just waiting...

Mylie has done well enough eating that we have not had to replace her feeding tube. She is slowly gaining weight-actually, she is doing well it just feels slow because that's all that is keeping her here now. She gained almost another half an ounce since yesterday- she is now a whopping 4lbs 2.3oz. Dr. Granum still thinks she will be able to go home by Thursday or Friday... Hopefully she will be close enough to 4lbs 6oz by then. Chris comes to eat lunch with me every day- he was holding her when they brought her bottle in so he fed her & she did great for him. He might have to come take the night shift- she never eats as well at night.
Kacey is dying to get her home. She asked every day if Mylie is big enough yet. Preston hasn't even wanted to hold her yet. I can't quite tell if it's just because he got the male Cook gene that he thinks its not ok to act excited about anything or if he is just not sure about her yet. Maybe he is just ready for life to go back to normal like the rest of us!
Preston turned 8 yesterday! (I can't believe he is that old already!!!) He says being 8 is sooo much better than being 7. I have yet to spend enough time at home to get any pictures on the computer... Coming soon (I hope)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Mylie is gaining weight and doing so well. I have a gift and will bring it by as soon as you bring her home. Again this is from Janet--(I use Jason google account)

    ReplyDelete